Natural Materials Workshops
ROCKCOTE’s Natural Materials workshops are designed to provide training on products in our Natural Materials range and hands-on experience in their application.
Whether you are a licensed tradesperson considering becoming a ROCKCOTE Artisan or a building industry professional interested in specifying ROCKCOTE Natural Materials for your projects, our workshops are a starting point for better understanding the potential of these stunning finishes.
Introduction to Natural Materials Workshop for Applicators
Working with ROCKCOTE Natural Materials is a highly specialised skill that requires product-specific training. Our two-day workshops cover information on systems and substrates for each of the ROCKCOTE Natural Materials. Attendee numbers for each workshop are limited to maximise learning opportunities.
These workshops are intended for licenced tradespeople in the architectural coatings field and a valid licence number must be supplied upon registration for any attendees wishing to go on and apply to be a ROCKCOTE Natural Materials Artisan.
The workshop covers:
- The ROCKCOTE systems used to get the best out of ROCKCOTE Natural Materials for interior and exterior (where relevant) use
- Surface preparation for various substrates
- Product preparation, mixing and storage
- Training in the use of specialist artisan tools
- Tinting ROCKCOTE Natural Materials with oxides
- How the products behave in different circumstances and weather conditions
- The difference between decorative and functional finishes for ROCKCOTE Marrakesh and ROCKCOTE Venetian Plaster and the implications of those differences
- Tips on how to quote ROCKCOTE Natural Materials jobs
- Managing Customer Expectations for colour and finish
Each day includes a balance of theory and hands-on practical training with a focus on developing practical techniques. All participants will produce sample boards as part of the workshop that can be used to show prospective clients.
Duration: two days
Cost: $660 including GST. This covers sample boards and a comprehensive Workshop Manual. A healthy lunch, morning and afternoon tea are included both days. As spaces are limited, full payment is required in advance to secure your space. A certificate of attendance is provided to everyone who completes the full two days (posted following the course).
Participants can also elect to purchase a ROCKCOTE Artisan tool kit at a special discounted price. Please advise your interest on booking.
If you are interested in workshops for 2017 please refer to the dates at the RHS or bottom of this page and click through on your preferred date for more information.
ROCKCOTE Introduction to Natural Materials Workshops 2017
23-24 June 2017
ROCKCOTE Design Centre, Nerang
Please contact 1300 736 668 to add your name to our waitlist for other loctions.