Earthen Render Coarse
ROCKCOTE Earthen Render Coarse is a hard, durable render developed for straw bale buildings and other natural substrates.
Our most heavily textured natural material, Earthen Render Coarse is a true earthen render that is applied in thick coats to deliver an authentic rustic, natural clay finish.
Earthen Render Coarse is also ideal as a final finishing coat for straw bale projects. Ideally, slip coats and second coats should be applied with clay from the site. Earthen Render Coarse is then applied as a nice, even 3-4mm finishing coat, offering consistency of product, ease of application and a more even finished coat.
ROCKCOTE Earthen Render Coarse can also be used as a finish coat for ROCKCOTE Traditional Wood Fired Ovens.
Finishes: Earthen or Rustic
Undulations: Level, Lightly Undulating, Heavily Undulating
- Easy to use
- Free of dangerous chemicals
- Low embodied energy
- Fully recyclable, easily incorporated back into the environment
- No odour
- No residual off-gassing of chemicals
- People and planet friendly
- Improves internal air quality
- Suitable for use over properly prepared substrates such as brick, block, concrete, AAC panels/blocks, plasterboard and straw bale
- Suitable for interior use only
- Can be coloured with oxides to create earthen walls of your choice
- Can have added coloured sands, quartz, marble chips, dry straw, crushed glass and other decorative elements up to 10% by volume for added aesthetics
- Rustic or Earthen
- Heavily textured natural render
- Undulations: Level, Lightly Undulating, Heavily Undulating