ROCKCOTE Solprime is a high performance, solvent based, acrylic primer for hard and dense substrates such as steel trowelled, precast and tilt-up concrete. It is also recommended for difficult masonry surfaces and is designed to promote adhesion and eliminate excessive substrate absorption. ROCKCOTE Solprime provides an alkali resistant barrier which will extend the life and improve the performance of subsequent applications of acrylic based paints and textured finishes. A special feature is that equipment may be cleaned up with mineral turpentine.
- Alkali resistant
- Easy to use
- Low roller spatter
- Provides effective adhesion
- Blocks alkalinity
- Can help to eliminate residual release agent
- Eliminates the incidence of degradation of top coats through saponification
- Designed as a preparation coat for tilt up and precast concrete panels
- Can be used interior and exterior
- Do not apply Solprime to paintable polyurethane caulking products, they may soften and release plasticisers. These plasticisers will affect the bonding of the water based top coats.