Hand prints, scuff marks, dirt, food stains, scratches, general wear and tear. Schools, universities and child care centres are punishing environments for paints. Add to this the need to consider indoor air quality and choosing the right paint for an education environment can quickly become complicated.
EcoStyle Paints are ultra-premium quality paints that deliver a high performance, scrubbable finish without the use of toxic chemicals. Designed with exceptional aesthetics, easy maintenance and healthy indoor air in mind, they are the ideal paints for an education environment.
Washable and scrubbable
EcoStyle Paints are made with exterior grade resin to ensure the highest quality and durability for both interior and exterior applications. That means most marks can be easily washed away with warm water and a sponge and the surface will withstand scrubbing for more stubborn marks.
Non-toxic and zero VOC
Stringent third party testing by GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia Certified), provides assurance that EcoStyle Paints contain none of the known carcinogenic or mutagenic chemicals present in other well known paint brands including glycol ethers, formaldehydes and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Many glycol ethers are very harmful to human health. Short-term exposure to high levels results in narcosis, pulmonary edema, and severe liver and kidney damage. Long-term exposure can result in neurological and blood effects, including fatigue, nausea, tremor, and anemia. (Environmental Protection Agency; 2000).
VOCs can also have a detrimental effect on human health, triggering allergies, asthma, headaches and other symptoms as they evaporate (see How to Choose Healthier and Environmentally-Preferable Paints) EcoStyle goes one step further than most low VOC paints on the market by containing zero VOC’s, made possible by ROCKCOTE’s non-compromise approach to product development.
Why choose EcoStyle Paints for your Education project?
- EcoStyle Paints are low odour so there are no lingering fumes and spaces can be used as soon as the paint is dry
- Scrubbable and easy to clean so perfect for high traffic and high demand areas
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- 100% acrylic
- Free from dangerous chemicals and solvents
- Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- GECA Certification provides confidence that EcoStyle Paints are environmentally preferable and better for human health
- Unlimited colour range
- 15 year warranty
The benefit of experience
ROCKCOTE is able to provide a full system specification for using EcoStyle Paints on the interior and/or exterior of your project. We work closely with architects, specifiers, builders and applicators to see each project through to completion.
EcoStyle Paints were used on more than 30 projects across Queensland as part of the government's Building Education Revolution program and an increasing numnber of educational institutions are turning to ROCKCOTE for guidance on how to choose finishes that do not negatively impact indoor air quality. The follow are just some of the school projects where EcoStyle Paints have been used:
- Lourdes Hill College, Brisbane, QLD
- Marymount College, Burleigh Heads, QLD
- Taylor School, ACT
- Radford College, ACT
- Canberra Boys Grammar, ACT
- St Rita's College, Clayfield, QLD
- Sunshine Coast Grammar School, QLD
- Noosa Pengari Stenier School, QLD
- Currimundi Special School, QLD
- Sunshine Beach State School, QLD
- Woodford State School, QLD
- Kawana Waters State College, QLD
- Maleny State School, QLD