Delicious pizzas cooked in your own backyard!
ROCKCOTE Traditional Wood Fired Ovens are the perfect addition to any outdoor entertaining area. Available in kit form, the kits come with everything needed to build an oven over a couple of days.
Made from cob instead of brick, most of the heavy and precise work has already been done. This makes building a ROCKCOTE Traditional Wood Fired Oven a fun project that can involve people of all ages and skills.
ROCKCOTE Wood Fired Ovens are so much more than a backyard pizza oven. These traditional ovens can be used to cook superb pizzes along with a wide variety of other foods including meat, fish, bread and vegetables...the possibilities are endless!
Traditional Wood Fired Oven kits
We have simplified the building process so just about anyone can build a wood fired oven - for cooking pizzas and more in your own backyard!
- Clay cob mix, ready to use
- Firestone arch: an archway and door are too technical to form from cob, so we supply a ready-made firestone arch
- Firestone door: the door and arch work together to provide control over the temperature of the oven while making it burn more efficiently
- Fire bricks: used to create the floor of the oven. Lying them flat in a bed of clay ensures you obtain an authentic, crispy base on your pizza
- All the essential tools you will need for building your cob oven plus accessories and cooking utensils: 1 x pizza peel; 1 x pizza pan gripper; 1 x wooden pizza server; 4 x pizza trays; 1 x pizza cutter.
Midi Oven Kit
Most popular kit - will cook three pizzas at a time.
All you need is a 1.2m x 1.2m base. Build your own brick base or ROCKCOTE can supply a Hebel base as an optional extra, pre-cut and ready to build.
Internal size 700mm x 800mm
Guide to building your ROCKCOTE Tradtional Wood Fired Oven
Our design is based on the ancient geometry of the cycloid arch, making it structurally strong yet still beautiful. The ratios used have been refined over thousands of years to allow air to flow through the oven in the most efficient way.
Five reasons to use our guide:
- Beautiful: a stunning centrepiece to your backyard
- Easy: Build your oven in a weekend, not a year
- Inexpensive: the plans are totally FREE! You can used readily available materials or our relatively inexpensive kit
- Effective: heats quickly and easily, designed to move the air efficiently to generate heat
- Tasty: Why waste time when you could be eating pizza, vegies, roast fish, and bread straight out of your own oven?
How to Build a ROCKCOTE Traditional Wood Fired Oven
In 10 simple steps, this video series will assist you to build your ROCKCOTE Wood Fired Pizza Oven.
Introduction and Step 1
Steps 3 and 4
Steps 7 and 8
Step 10 and Additional Information